Animal Welfare Regulations - (Apply to Pet Merchants Only)
(Promulgated under authority of VSA T20 Chapter 194 Section 3908)
Part 1 - Definition Of Terms
Section 1.1 Definitions
- Act. Refers to the provisions of T20 Chapter 197 "Welfare of Animals and T20 Sections 3681, 3682 and 3683 as relating to provisions for the inspection of kennel premises.
- Division. Means the Livestock Division of the Department of Agriculture.
- Division representative. Means any inspector or other person employed by the Division who is responsible for the performance of the functions involved.
- Non-human primate. Means any non-human member of the highest order of mammals including prosimians, monkeys and apes.
- Standards. Means the requirement with respect to the humane handling, care, treatment, and transportation of animals.
- Non-conditioned. Means animals which have not been subjected to special care and treatment for sufficient time to stabilize and, where necessary to improve their health to make them suitable for sale.