Vermont Animal Cruelty Task Force Home
* About Us Animal Cruelty Manual Search Contact Home
Frequently Asked Questions

Does the Task Force investigate animal cruelty complaints?

No. Vermont's criminal animal cruelty statute gives enforcement authority to law enforcement officers, humane society agents, and local board of health officers. Members of the Task Force can act in an advisory capacity (see response network link) to the lead investigating agency or municipality, but the coalition has no law enforcement powers itself to investigate complaints.

Complaints should first be directed to your local animal shelter, law enforcement agency or municipality. The Task Force may come in at their request to provide further assistance. Click here (link to FAQ, What should I do if I witness animal cruelty or neglect in my local area) to find out how to report a complaint.

Is membership to the Task Force open to the public?

Currently our membership is restricted to individuals with a professional association in the fields of law enforcement, social service, animal welfare or animal care. If you would like to volunteer as a private individual as part of our Response Network, go to (link to response network application).

Does the Task Force accept donations?

Yes. Click here for information on how to make a tax-deductible donation.

Printer-Friendly Version
Learn how to Make a Donation

About Us | Animal Cruelty | Manual | Search | Contact | Site Map | Home

Website development by Vitruvian Arts